Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Gentle Reminders

Things have got a bit hectic in my life again. I just seem to see darkness around me which is actually not the case at all. Little things keep reminding me that I cannot go back in that dark place I have been to before.

I took one of the little girls I look after to school at lunchtime and while walking back home, I had this little voice saying Be still and know I am God. (God must be tired of telling me this). My friend shared these words with me last night and they also came flooding back to me whilst walking,

Psalm 32.

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
       while you may be found;
       surely when the mighty waters rise,
       they will not reach him.  7 You are my hiding place;
       you will protect me from trouble
       and surround me with songs of deliverance.
       Selah
 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
       I will counsel you and watch over you.

The words I will counsel you and watch over you just seem to bring a sense of peace, I suppose need right now.

No matter what comes our way, God is there, He might feel so far away, but He is not, He is there right beside me and you all the way every single minute, second of the day/night.

My desire at the moment is just to feel him so close by me probably almost smothered.

I have used this song before on my blog a while back, but it was one of my gentle reminders that God is all I want, and all I need and that He is near. 



God Bless

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment