Friday, 24 June 2011

Words are powerful

On a number of occasions it came to mind that playing in The Salvation Army band on a Sunday morning has meant that I don't get the message of the words of songs we sing in our meetings. Yes, I know some of the words mostly the first verse and chorus. So when playing, I will go through the tune with the words of the first verse maybe 3 or 5 times depending on how many verses and loose the message of the other verses. I haven't not played in our band for I think Sunday will be 9 weeks and I have loved being able to sing the songs and get the message.

Sunday we sang a song which has really stuck in my mind this week and it has made me think how many messages have I missed out.

Lord, I pray that I may know thee,
Risen One, enthroned on high;
Empty hands I'm stretching to thee,
Show thyself to me, I cry.

Show thyself to me,
Show thyself to me,
That I may reveal thy beauty;
Show thyself to me.

All that once I thought most worthy,
All of which I once did boost,
In they light seems poor and passing,
'Tis thyself  I covet most.

Give thyself to me,
Give thyself to me,
That I may show forth they power;
Give thyself to me.

Only as I truly know thee
Can I make thee truly known;
Only bring the power to others
Which in my own life is shown.

Show thy power in me,
Show thy power in me,
That I may be used for others;
Show thy power in me.                       Words by Ruth Tracy


ONLY BRING THE POWERS TO OTHERS, WHICH IN MY OWN LIFE IS SHOWN have been really challenging and bothering me somewhat. Being the Toddler Group leader is such a privilege for me I  get to meet such very different people with such very different needs but with one thing in common they need to know Christ and the  need to surrender their lives to Christ. I think I have failed Him horribly for a little while now.  I look back to when we had the Alpha Group going with the Toddler mums, we have been praying for 2 ladies who came to Toddlers who were open to Him, where are they now?  The team prayed together before each Toddler Group started. The presence of God in that group was so real to me. God is still there and always as been I just don't want to see the maybe we are getting somewhere and then nothing. I want to see we are getting there and the grand Finale of winning the lost souls for him. How can I better serve Him? I need to stay on fire for him, I need to stay in tune with Him, to be open to hearing and listening to Him to be filled with His power so that I can do His purpose successfully.

I have let Him down by not staying a bright lighted candle for him. The light has never gone out but it needs to be a big light. Show thy power in me,
Show thy power in me,
That I may be used for others;
Show thy power in me.

The best thing is knowing that he still loves me even though I have let him down. 


s


I choose to be Holy Lord, set apart for your Lord and I am ready to do your will




God Bless 

Luanne 

No comments:

Post a Comment