Sunday, 9 October 2011

The Lord's my Shepherd

I have been struggled with a few issues over the past few months and I suppose just taken it upon myself to solve them and not asked or placed it in God's hands and actually not getting any further with dealing or sorting the issues out at all just making more of a mess of things.  It has not only left me feeling that God is so far away, it has left me feeling isolated, (which is stupid because I have God and a wonderful support around me), lonely to some kind of degree. Short tempered and very quickly angered. Questioning my ability in many things, i.e, my job, being a good mother, made me think I am a useless wife.  I long for the person I was 5 years ago to a certain degree. By this I mean enjoying my job, doing what a mother/wife should do, friendships I had and no longer have due to isolating myself away from people and situations. But what I don't want back is the part that rejected Christ.

By dealing with issues and asking for His forgiveness I was able to move on from a very dark place, I have accomplished many things that I would never be able to do on my own. I do have a strong faith but I suppose it is just so easy to slip into a "comfort zone" and try to take things into your hands and to forget to ENGAGE  and keep in tune with God. Ignoring God talking to you. On a few occasions just this past week, as I could feel myself slipping into a dark place I heard God saying "Luanne, you are not walking with me, stay focussed on me". I didn't hear it once or twice I heard it daily and few times a day. But I chose not to listen. We need to listen to that voice, we need to feed ourselves daily with His Word and to talk to him. Today has been that turning point yet again in my life where I cannot go on my own terms with God because it just doesn't work. I am going to stay focused "Engaged" with Him, and tonight I have taken that first step of spending quality time talking to Him and feeding from His word and I do feel so much better. Lesson to be learnt  don't take things upon yourself, walk with God and let Him lead. In the meeting tonight we sang the song When the music fades and words of the Chorus really hit home:


And it's all about You

It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus

While I was doing my quiet time tonight. The song The Lord's my Shepherd was the featured song. I would like you to listen to the words.



God Bless

Luanne

1 comment:

  1. Comment I received on facebook:

    Hi Luanne, I have read your latest blog and it has so blessed me. I think that you and I have been going through the same kind of struggles.Thank you for your honesty. It has helped and ministered to me. I am not able to attend meetings at the moment and you have brought me so much. Thank you, Lord.

    ReplyDelete