2013 was yet another year I was pleased to see the back off, like 2012 the health issues just seemed to continue but praise God I feel I am at the tail end of it all with the hopefully the last lot of tests on Friday will tick all the boxes for discharge from hospital appointments. As a family we had to say goodbye to our oldest member of our family which is understand able but the hardest was the tragic loss of our 13th month old nephew, Christian, something we will never get over or even understand. He was the youngest member of our family. Never would I have thought when I meet him at the beginning of 2013 that when I said goodbye to him the day we flew home to the UK I was actually saying goodbye for the last time ever. Tough one.
I don't normally see the New Year in but God had different plans for seeing the back end of 2013 and seeing that door closed and the opening door opened for 2014. The boys were watching TV and I was sat in front of the PC looking at what I was going to do with the KidsAlive programme. I had my music playing in the back when I had this real deep desire to spend time with my Heavenly Father. So the last 1.5 hours of 2013 were amazing. I had this sense of extreme peace and also reassurance that 2013 was going to end amazingly and that I would enter 2014 with this amazing sense of a high and it will be a year of climbing higher heights with God.
I have set goals for 2014 which I am sure will be achieved as I really feel that they have been prompted by God. As the clock struck midnight and all the fireworks went off I felt great excitement which I haven't felt for a long time.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. (Habakkuk 3:19 NIV) is the verse that came to me in the final hour of 2013. These were also the words given to me when I was commissioned YPSM in 2012.
I was reading another blog this morning about not looking back and the verse given was
“No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62 NIV).
There is no looking back only going forward.
My bible reading this morning was Matthew 5:1-12
Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them. He said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:1-12 NIV)
This is my way forward for 2014 to live by Jesus values only and not be pulled to the ways of the world. Tough one but by the Grace of God His will will be done. I am not making resolutions this year to lose weight all though it would be good, or other meaningless wants or desires but going to seek the power of the Holy Spirit to live the life God has set for me and to win souls for His Kingdom in the roles he has placed me in.
I found this lovely song which I would like to share with you it is all about a going back to the start. As my title for this blog days A new year! a new start.
God bless
No comments:
Post a Comment