Monday, 20 July 2009

Being Guided by God

This past weekend I found myself having to face a situation that needed to be dealt with and I sure was not expecting it to happen within a space of probably 16 hours from the time I had it first placed on my heart till the time the chance would end. Boy oh Boy it was tough. The words "you can do anything through me, TRUST IN ME" kept going through my mind. GOD WAS TALKING. The words from Philippians 2vs12-14 was the reading God directed me to on Saturday evening. This the Youth Bible translation:

BE THE PEOPLE GOD WANTS YOU TO BE

12. My dear friends, you have always obeyed God when I was with you. It is even more important that you obey now while I am away from you. Keep on working to complete your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 because God is working in you to help you want to do and be able to do what pleases him. I was totally unware that this was Sunday Evenings reading and the message was preached on.

On Sunday morning I mentioned to Carol that I had this task to do and I really felt that it was God lead and it was the only way I was going to move forward. Her reaction did make me think OK that was a bit odd as nothing was actually really said just a tilt of her head and hmmm. BUT after the message from Alan the reaction made total sense. I knew what I had to do and that was totally TRUST AND OBEY GOD.

Without going into any detail, I took a huge step forward and did what God was telling me to do and that was to FORGIVE someone who had really hurt me face to face. It was probably the hardest thing I have had to do but like God promised I could do it through Him and I did.

When waking this morning I had this real sense of peace which I haven't had for over a year now and a friend of mine asked me this evening what happened over the weekend cos she could see a big difference in me since last seeing me on the Thursday. I apparently am back to my old cheeky chirpy self (I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing). Praise God what He does, how He leads and it is all in His time.

I certainly won't be turning back but only going forward with Christ.

God Bless

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment