Saturday, 11 July 2009

His Provision

First of all sorry for the lack of blogs. It has not been due to not having anything to blog about but actually sitting down and doing it has been the problem.

Last Saturday was the Commissioning of the new officers. I didn't know anyone being commissioned but just had this really strong feeling that God was wanting me attend. When it was time to book tickets I decided not to go. Other circumstances lead us to being in London for that weekend and my mother in law new that I had wanted to go decided to find out on the Friday afternoon whether there where anymore tickets available. Not expecting to be able to get any she didn't check her emails until 1:00pm on Saturday only to find that tickets had been put aside for us for both meetings. So it was like major rush, we didn't know what time it started or even where it was. We tried contacting a few people with no luck but eventually just decided to go. I remembered it was in Westminister something. haha. So we got on a train to Victoria station. The meeting started at 2:30pm and we arrived at 2:50pm so didn't do to badly. God lead I truely believe.

Leading up to all this the week before I kept having a song come into my head and I just couldn't find the words, I googled the words, looked in the Salvation Army Song book but no luck. I asked Alan on the Thursday night and we worked out it was a Songster piece.

Anyway, to my amazement the band played a beautiful selection and there was that tune. I sat in my chair in almost total disbelief. It took until Wednesday to find out what the name of the song was thanks to Carol and I have finally got the words for HIS PROVISION.

The past month I have found really difficult. We found ourselves Fostering my God Daughter in order to keep her out of the care system. So it was all change. This came along as I was in the process of increasing my childminding business so things just seemed to get on top of me.

These are the words of His Provision.

At the moment of my weakness, When my need for pow'r is plain, And my own strength is exhausted once again, Then my Lord has made provision For the day of my despair, And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer, my prayer, The my Lord has made provision for the day of my despair, And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

Holy Spirit! Promised Presence fall on me. Holy Spirit! Make me all I long to be, Holy Spirit! Holy Spirit! Give your pow'r to me, O Holy Spirit

When the darkness falls around me, When bewildered and afraid,
When I feel the most deserted and betrayed, Then my eve'ry need is answered by Gods provisionial care, And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer

Nothing now can rob God's servant of the peace that He bequeths, Nothing take away the strength His presence breaths, Of the everlasting arms of Love I'm daily made aware, And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

In the afternoon of the Commissioning my mother in law and I were standing outside enjoying the sunshine when she said I wonder whether Carolyn (a friend of ours from Cape Town) was at the commissioning. I hadn't seen Carolyn for over 25 years (making me feel old now). Carolyn was my primary teacher and when she became and officer her Corps Quarters was about 4 houses away from where we lived so I used to spend alot of time with her until she got married and moved over to the UK with her husband. Well when we went to sit down a lady approached us as she looked at my mother in law and said I think I know you, are you from Cape Town to which the reply was yes she looked at me and said LUANNE, it was Carolyn we were so excited and the 3 seats next to us were she was going to sit with her 2 daughters. Coincidence or what or one of God's plans? Mum and I kept saying we were meant to come and God provided and made sure we did. Amen.

It was a time where I could just break away from the daily routine and time where God could talk to me and it was an amazing experience. Carolyn shared Psalm 32 with me that evening and vs 8 really stood out for me.

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.

God is calling me and wants to use me and it is just waiting for the right time so it is my prayer that He will show the way and when.

On Monday evening I was lead to the words in Ecclesiastes 5 vs 4

4 When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow.

God Bless

Luanne

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luanne,
    you dont know me, but we used to belong to pill corps years ago,
    I just want to thank you for sharing your faith on this blog, It has really made me think about my faith again, look forward to reading your next blog,

    ReplyDelete