Saturday, 31 October 2009

Listening

This week I have spent alot of time in the quiet. No radio, no TV. Just been listening to the things going on around me as I have been ill in bed. Listening to what was happening downstairs with the all the kids, listening to the lorries riding by during the day, listening the vibration that they made on the house, the cars and buses driving past. The sound of the phone ringing, the door bell, the text messages coming through, the clocks ticking. The list can but grow.

Tonight the thought came to me how often have you stopped to listen for God's voice this week? Listened to hear Him speaking to you? Sadly, I have to say, NOT ENOUGH. Yes I have spent alot of time thinking about Him, talking to Him, reading about Him but not enough time actually listening. Something to work on this week.

How often do you actually stop and listen to what God is saying to you?

God Bless

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment