Wednesday, 31 March 2010

It is not very often that I see 5:30am. Not very impressed I soon changed my mood when I opened the vertical blinds and saw the garden, with a variety of birds feeding from the bird feeders, some singing, the water flowing into the pond, the chimes  pinging away with the slight breeze, the blue sky and the sun shining. One of Gods gifts was right there in front of me and I could do nothing but praise Him and thank Him for answering my prayers over the past few days.

We had a wonderful weekend with Darren's brother and his wife and her sister and partner. We camped right on a riverbank in a tent. The best part being I didn't have to sleep on the floor but in a proper bed with a lovely warm feather duvet. God is good. There had been lots of wind on the Saturday but Sunday morning we woke to a beautiful calm day. The river was like a mirror and I kept finding myself singing

Take us to the river
Take us there in unity
To sing a song of Your salvation
To win this generation for our King
A song of Your forgiveness
For it is with grace
That river flows
Take us to the river
In the city of our God

I just couldn't imagine spending a Sunday morning out of my normal routine at the Army in such a beautiful setting. I truely felt blessed.

A few hours later we were sat in a hospital waiting for Darren to admitted as he had got a secondary infection in his finger. We were told it was going to cost a fortune and we went into a state of shock, stress and thought why do we have to come all this way and end up in a situation that was going to cause more heartache. Why was God doing this to us.

My faith was being tested here in a big way. I just found myself praying and placing everything into Gods hands. We faced a week of our holidays visiting Darren in hospital, it meant instead of us being together as a family I would be spending my time going up and down to visit Darren, having to leave Tyler with his grandparents as children are not permitted into the hospital for visiting under the age of 12 and the prospect of a huge unexpected debt.

But God turned it all around and just answered prayers. After a very stressful morning I went to visit Darren to find that he had not been to theatre and that the Dr was sorting out his finger in his room and that Darren would be coming home the following day and not the Thursday like we were told. Bonus there was going to be no charge either for his hospital stay. I just have no doubt in my mind that if you say yes to God and follow Him that He will come through for you when you ask and that He is there carrying us through any circumstance if you just totally trust Him.

I cannot wait to see what the next interesting event with my journey with God is going to be. It sure is getting exciting. I have just put my total faith in God. God is just giving such peace.

TRUST AND OBEY FOR THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. TAKE THE STEP OF FAITH AND HE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN.

God Bless

Luanne


This is a photo I took last night from my dad back Garden. There is a hill behind us and the cross is placed there at the beginning of Holy Week every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment