Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Doing what God Says and we will win

Over the past few days I have and still have to deal with a couple of issues that I do feel are real promptings from God.  One I have managed to do. It was not an easy task but something that really needed to be done in order to prevent others getting hurt the way I was. Sometimes it is easy just to keep quiet but that silence is actually doing more harm than you think.  I do believe that the only way I managed it was because I was doing what God wanted me to do and through the strength He provided me. Doing it made me feel physically ill but after doing it I had a real sense of peace.  This bible verse that was given to me on Saturday was just what I needed to pick up that phone.

1 Peter 3: 13-14 

13Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear[b]; do not be frightened."

The words of the song below that we sing in the Army are a great encouragement. I have highlighted the words that I have drawn great encouragement from over the past few days.


We’re a band that shall conquer the
foe,
If we fight in the strength of the King;
With the sword of the Spirit, we know,
We sinners to Jesus shall bring.
I believe we shall win,
If we fight in the strength of the King.


Our foe may be mighty and brave,
And the fighting be hard and severe;
But the King is the mighty to save,
And in conflict he always is near.

In the name of the King we will fight,
With our banners unfurled to the
breeze;
We will battle for God and the right,
And the kingdom of Satan we’ll seize.

I believe we shall win,
If we fight in the strength of the King.


God Bless

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment