Sunday, 13 June 2010

How amazing is Prayer

I have been trying to blog about prayer this evening and I cannot even tell you how many times I started typing this blog but I just haven't been able to put it down in words what I want to say. I was side tracked into looking for a song that I really enjoy at the moment and I came across this beautiful picture.

It got me thinking of Prayer Doors and how they are always open.


 
Psalm 116:2 — He has inclined His ear to me and I will call upon Him as long as I live.


I am so thankful that Prayer – our communication with God – is extended to us in a different way.  His doors of love opens both ways – it is not a one-sided affair. Because God answers prayer.
Our Heavenly Father is so majestic and mighty, but He listens to us as we speak to him. 


Prayer is so vitual in our journey with God.

This evening in our meeting we had the opportunity to ask for prayer which I once again didn't take up but I found myself praying for my Granny and my family back in South Africa. My Granny is not expected to live much longer and it is just basically hours left. I was totally unaware that my Dad and family had been called into be with my gran today. I didn't take the opportunity tonight in the meeting because I felt my prayer for my Gran to be taken now was selfish in a way but that is just the way I feel so that she will no longer have to be so tired and warn out. My gran has never openly spoken of any faith or relationship with God, but I remember on many occasions seeing her kneeling beside her bed praying. Having experienced watching my mum die, I just want it over as I know it has not been very easy for my Dad and Aunty Pat who have devoted so much of their time and shown her endless love all their lives to have to watch her suffer. When I got home Darren was stood with the phone in his hand and said it was my sister. She told me what had been happening back home during the course of the day.

God immediately spoke to me and said phone your dad and share these words with him. Psalm 46 vs 1 and vs 10 and pray with him. Hmmmmm Big challenge share and pray with Dad.  OK.

I phoned my Aunt first and shared these verses and prayed with her as she is born again Christian so it was easier. I was not listening to my instructions was I. Whilst talking to her that voice was getting louder so I phoned my Dad. I told him I am not crazy hey but this is what God is telling me to tell you. I love my Dad to bits. I didn't get the reaction I thought I was going to get why I had been nervous  to share with him who knows. He simply said I do believe but I have been badly hurt by other "Christians".  I was so pleased to hear the words "I do believe" and also "thank you for sharing this with me". He has even saved the bible reading so he can keep it.

God is so Good, so mighty, so powerful.

 I love God more every second.

Please remember us all in your prayers over the next few days especially the family in South Africa and that they will have a real strong sense of God Presence around them and that those of them who don't know Christ as they Saviour will do.

Thank you and God Bless.

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment