Thursday, 4 September 2008

Every Day Counts

It is now 00:29 as I am starting to write this. Once again I am unable to sleep despite having taken my medication 3 hours ago. I should be in dreamland. But No here I am. Usually I will just ly with my eyes closed but I decided to pick my Bible up and do some reading. The book of Luke came to mind and I started reading snippets. I use the Youth Bible and for those who haven't seen or used it, this bible has what Life Guide files (similar to Daily reading). Tonight I came across Every Day Counts. This really made me think. The bible reading to back this story is Luke 13: 1-9.

The story is about to teenage boys. They were friends that only had 2 things in common and that GOD and they shared the same birthdays. At the age of 18 one of the boys called Tim died suddenly of a heart attack. The story goes on about how Tim's family and friends got together to morn his death, eventually people started sharing the jokes that Tim loved and also stories of how much his short life had touched each of them. In those conversation they saw how Tim tried to live life each day as though it were an important chance to serve God.

It really made me stop and think about my situation. Life is so short and we don't know when our life will end. WHAT AM I DOING? I have got to put myself together and get my life sorted. So from this moment on I am going to be POSITIVE no more negativity. I have a MY HEAVENLY FATHER with me everystep of the way and I have to serve HIM no matter what. I also have some wonderful people around me who are there to support me. God has got plans for me and I am in His hands. Someone very special to me sent me a message to read Jeremiah 29 vs 11-13 which in mind confirms His plans for me.

I am going to make everyday count and pray that I will be able to "bear fruit" and avoid being a useless tree like in Luke 13: 6-9.


John 16:33 "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment