
At the moment my devotion time I am working through Ephesians.
On Monday the reading was Ephesians 3:14-21 and I have been really drawn to this and keep finding myself coming back to this reading everyday. I keep saying and enjoy hearing the words "GODS TREASURE WITHOUT MEASURE". When reading the notes accompanying this reading I underlined a few things that really stood out for me. I have had this strong sense to share with my blog readers.
It is a prayer that, through the Spirit's power, they may know the boundless depths and dimensions of Christ's love (vv.16,19). Only the Spirit can make it happen. Only the Spirit empowers and enables the believer to know the "deep things of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10-12). Only the Spirit brings us into line with God's will. God's love is the source by which believers are nourished. To know Christ's love is to be transformed by that love and share in the very fullness of God!
As children of our loving Heavenly Father we are urged by Paul: "Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its lengths! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights!Live full lives, full in the fullness of God! (vv18,19). When this happens, the drive to reach others is powerful. To bless those who hate us, bring hope to the hopeless, offer food to the hungry and life to the dying.
On us, the Spirit has lavished God's treasure beyond measure!
Is this confirmation to a calling?
No comments:
Post a Comment