This morning was the first time I have attended our Corps Good Friday Service. It was truly brilliant. Each beat of the drum would send a shiver down my spin. As each candle was burnt out brought the sense of sadness. The thought of all the pain and the cruel death that Jesus endured for me seemed so real.
I stood in front of the cross with many of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Something so simple but so powerful.
This year the Easter story has just meant so much more to me. Although I didn't get to sing all the words of the songs we sang, I was listening and they just have so much more meaning. We can sing words of songs till our hearts content but not really take in the meaning of the songs. I have personally found with Jesus as my Saviour and I have put my life in his hands the words mean so much more even songs I didn't enjoy singing I now enjoy.
My Jesus, I love Thee,
I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies
of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer,
My Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee,
My Jesus, 'tis now.
I love Thee because
Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon
on Calvary's tree;
I love Thee for wearing
the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee,
my Jesus, 'tis now!
In mansions of glory
and endless delight,
I'll ever adore Thee
in heaven so bright;
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee,
my Jesus, 'tis now!
Praise God I am saved.
Luanne
God bless you my sister in Christ. I hope you have wonderful and blessed Easter! (HUGS)
ReplyDelete