Sunday, 14 June 2009

Catch up

Sorry for the lack of blogging. Life has been extremely busy over the past 2 weeks.

I mentioned in my last blog that we were starting an Alpha course with some Toddler parents. So far it has been really good. The group of bonded well so far and everyone is very open and willing to respond which is very encouraging. So continued prayers would be appreciated as we continue on the Alpha journey. My prayer is that we will need to do another one with other mums from the group and we will be totally God driven.

Darren and I are currently caring for 2 of my friends children going from a family of 3 to 5 has been a bit strange. So far all is going well. I am not sure how long the children will be with us. Prayers would be appreciated that we will be a positive influence on these children and that we will give them all that they need and are able to share Jesus with them as well.

I was really blessed this morning in the meeting and I truely felt that the Holy Spirit was there with us. The devil did try to get in there and cause some disturbance but he was soon "booted out".

We have had the pleasure of the company of our friends from South Africa for a couple of days and we spent yesterday with them in Devon. I have really been blessed with the time we have spent together. It is nice to be able to speak so openly and share our Christian faith with each other. I was almost blown away yesterday by an amazing experience while we shared praying for healing and for other issues as well. God is so good.

I have once again learnt that we don't have to carry our hurts or dwell on them, He has already dealt with it. We must just remember to ask for forgiveness, ask for cleansing and live a life filled with the Holy Spirit.

The words of two songs have come to mind whilst doing this blog which I want to sure with you.

The CHORUS of Above all

Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all

and finally the words of a song that has become to mean so much to me

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me

And I I'm desperate for you
And I I'm I'm lost without you

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

God Bless

Luanne

No comments:

Post a Comment