Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Exciting times

Well like I blogged last week it was amazing but before blogging I really wanted to share it with a friend first.

I am not sure how many of my readers are aware that I run the Toddler Group at our Corps. We run three mornings a week and are extremely busy. Somedays we have 47 Toddlers in the group so you can just imagine. I have always said there is something special about the group because all though it is hectic there is still a sense of calmness and peace amongst the toddlers as well as the parent/carers who attend. I have been to Toddler groups where I have sat there and thought why am I putting myself through this, that when you turn your head to watch a child one is either hitting the other, pushing and you turn the other way and there is another one crying maybe two or three even. I am not even going to mention the NOISE. BUT it just doesn't seem that way at all. The difference I truely believe it that God is working amongst us and He has great things planned.

Pray has become a major part of my life and I always pray for the kids, the adults and my team every morning on my way to Toddlers that God will move around the hall and provide opportunities for questions, conversation about Him to happen.

Well last week was just so exciting. On Tuesday a new couple joined the Toddlers Group with their 2 children. They are new to Pill, Christians and attended a church near where they previously lived but have felt God is leading them to the Army in Pill. I had a lovely conversation with the father of the kids and soon realised his openess about his Christianity and it was lovely to be able to actually sit there and have a conversation about God so easily. Later on during the group I saw another one of the mums who is also a new christian speaking to him so I went across and spoke to them. They were both so excited about being able to talk about God so freely about their experiences to each other I just wanted to Praise God. His presence was just so real at that moment. I had goose flesh. I was prompted by God to suggest a prayer group at the beginning of Toddlers each morning. They immediately agreed and were very excited about it. So on the Wednesday we did just that and it was amazing. I was prepared with a reading that I had actually been woken up with in the early hours of the morning and I prayed, after I had finished both ladies who were praying with me asked if they could pray as well. After praying they both said that it was the first time that they had prayed out aloud. It was just so amazing. Our group had been noticed and the opportunity to explain what we had done was shared with a few people. The father attended the Sunday meeting with his young son on Sunday. The link I have been praying for from Toddler Group to Sunday meeting has been made. AMEN.

The other lady who is also very interested in the Army and feels that God is calling her to the Army so I place Laura in God's Hands she is so excited about her life since finding Jesus only a year ago.

Another mum whom I knew was a Christian was invited to join the group but she felt that she wasn't ready for people to know she was a Christian and afraid of what people might think said she would think about joining the group. On Monday night I wrote in my prayer diary a prayer for her that she will find the courage to share her faith. Well when I went over to speak to her and a group of other mums this morning out of the blue she said that she had been to Bible Study the night before and that it got so tense that she was crying and it felt so amazing. One lady said did you stay bible study at Church and she answered yes I did it was just accepted and a conversation was started. The relief on her face was priceless. I just thank God for another answered pray.

There is another lady who is coming to the meeting on Sunday morning. God is just so amazing. So there could be 4 and possibly 6 of the toddlers there at the meeting on Sunday. A REAL ANSWER TO PRAYER HE IS SO FAITHFUL.

God is using me and my team and I just pray that we will win many people for His Kingdom. The chidren and their parents are the future and I pray that they will come to know Him as their Saviour and SHINE for Him.

Prayer is the answer. Keep praying and things will happen.

God Bless

Luanne

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like there is a good turn out! Awesome! You are a wonderful example- continue to let your light shine in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!

    ReplyDelete