Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Am I doing the right thing?

Do I make life hard for myself or am I just to soft hearted?

I am supporting a friend of mine who is not having an easy time on top of trying to get myself sorted. Last night I was really enjoying a quiet nap on the sofa before having to go and fetch Tyler who was playing at a friends house when I had a text message to say my friends child had packed his bags and was leaving home could I come over as the child will listen to me. I waited a few minutes before replying obviously with trying to focus and then thinking do I really need to take on extra pressure. But if a child is involved I run I feel I cannot let anything happen to kids.

I managed to get him to come home with me as Tyler wasn't about so we could chat on our own to find out what was going on. Bless him he justs wants to be loved and a loving family. Life at home for him isn't easy at all but he is loved very much by both parents who saddly aren't together anymore. We chatted and he said he wasn't ever going home again. I eventually managed to convince him to go home and speak with his mum with me there as support for both of them. Things got sorted after a few tempers starting to rise but I managed to put the fire out before it got to hot so to speak. My head was spinning at this point but I knew God was with me all the way.

The child asked whether he could come and stay with me for a few days. At this point I was thinking I am signed off work what will be said if I am seen looking after someone elses child. Anyway he wrapped himself around me begging me and I could see the desperation in his eyes. I said it is up to his mum if she felt it was ok then he could stay for 1 night. He said till Friday. I looked at him and he said ok can I come home Thursday. His mum agreed so I have this boy staying with me until tomorrow after school.

Tyler has got into his routine of Devotion and prayers at night so when we eventually got home last night at 9:30 Tyler was not going to settle until he had read his bible story and prayed. So we explained to this child this is what we do and he was welcome to join us. Which he was happy to do.

We all held hands like we usually do when praying (including all 3 teddy bears who all pray as well in really funny voices). Tyler prayed first and when he was finished I invited this child to pray if he would like to try and pray but it was ok if he didn't feel comfortable. He said he would like to pray. He thanked God for a Loving Mummy and Loving Sister and asked to have a good nights sleep. I was very proud of him.

He has spoken to him mum tonight and when I mentioned that the two boys had showered and were going to get ready for bed he was the first to shout and do bible reading and prayers. Maybe I am doing things right. I just hope that when he goes home tomorrow he will continue to pray or at least have learnt something from staying here with us for this short time.

Please could you add this family to your pray list I don't want to mention their names but I know that a couple of you that do read my blog will know who I am on about.

3 comments:

  1. We're on to it.

    God bless

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for them. God's placed you in their lives I reckon. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

    ReplyDelete