In the afternoon the day kind went down a little, panic, fear, dread are words that come to mind with a situation that I really need to deal with but I cannot deal with at the moment. Maybe it is just lack of courage to tackle the situation.
I went to cell group in the evening and it was lovely. I felt relaxed and calm and was feeling alot more secure than I had done since the afternoon.
The title of my devotions last night was Fearless in Fire and the reading was Daniel 3:16-28. This has been on my mind alot today so I thought I need to share it. Hope it makes sense.
What I got out of the reading was that all Gods Servants have their courage and their determination tested at times, either by Gods will, or from the free will given to us by God. In Romans 8:28 "In all things God works for the good of those who love him" and we as Christians must take to heart this promise. My courage was tested big time today and I had to walk away. But I just pray that if I am faced in the same situation that I will be able to deal with it as God is there with me, guiding me and protecting me.
At cell group we were given a few objects to look at and pick one that had some kind of meaning to us (hope this is right). I chose a penguin as it reminded me of Boulders Beach back in Cape Town. We there Penguins are protected and it reminded me that God is always with me and I am always protected and I should never have fear because although I/we may appear to be alone we are never.
Typing this blog has just reminded me of a Camp I went to as a Junior Soldier in Cape Town and we were asked to find a bible verse that meant alot to us. Joshua 1vs9 was the one that I chose "Remember that I command you to be strong and brave. Don't be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go".
Two pictures of penguins at Boulders Beach, Cape Town

No comments:
Post a Comment