This evening I asked God to lead to the songs that he wants me to use alongside my reading. I am currently using Words of Life and the reading for today is James 1:1-18. I have learnt through this reading that troubles test our faith, and this will give me patience. If I need wisdom I must ASK God for it as He is generous and enjoys giving to all people, so he will give me wisdom. But when asking God I must believe and not doubt.
Today I have been humming the tune His loves remains the same (which has always been a favourite of mine every since I was a little girl). Surprise Surprise Song 44 from the songbook came to mind.
For his love remains the same,
He Knows you by your name.
Dostill caresn't think because you failed him he despairs;
For he gives to those who ASK
His grace for every task,
God plans for you in love for
he still cares
After doing my reading and thinking about what was being said to me God lead to me Song 397
When we walk with the Lord
In the light of his word,
What a glory he sheds on our way;
While we do his good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey
Trust and obey, for there's no
other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to
trust and obey.
But we never can prove
The delights of his love,
Until all on the alter we lay;
For the favour he shows,
And the joy he bestows,
Are for them who will trust and
obey.
Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at his feet,
Or we'll walk by his side in the
way;
What he says we will do,
Where he sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
I have got to ASK, Trust and Obey.
No comments:
Post a Comment