Tuesday, 24 June 2008

The Lord's my Shield

The Lord's my Shield
And my Defence.
He is my Peace
My inner Strength
And when fiery darts
Towards me fly
He surrounds me
On every side

The Lord's my Shield
And my Stronghold.
My Deliverer
From every foe,
And though ten thousand
Fall at my side
In the shelter of His wings
I will abide

The Lord's my Rock
My Victory.
He is my Fortress
Who shelters me
And His Faithfulness
My Shield, my Defence,
He surrounds me
With His mighty Presence.

Be Strong then in the Lord
And in His mighty power.
He will never fail or fall
His faithfulness my strng tower.

Holy is the Lord, Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord .......

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Luanne - just what I needed and very appropriate too - I have a reminder on my phone for 9am every day - it is from a verse from the Psalms that was written on a pebble that I picked up (out of many) on the first meeting Andrew and Tracy took and it is:
    Pslam 18 v2
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
    He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
    God bless
    PS.... love the photo of you and your Mum, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete