The past 18 months has not been a easy time for me. My mum was diagnosed with Cancer days after we had spent a wonderful Christmas in Tenerife with her. It was something that none of us were expecting. Her faith was amazing and she just grew stronger and stronger in her faith right up to the day she returned home to her Lord. Mum's dying wish was for her children to be serving her Lord the way she did and to experience what she had experienced. I have always had my faith in the Lord but I was not going to give in to my mum's wishes. I fought it and fought it. Other things have happened in the past and after mum died it finally took a toll on me. The Lord doesn't give up his children. He has plans for me.
I had left The Army and the night my life seemed to much for me to handle on my own, I phoned Carol and Alan whom I didn't really know only through Toddler Group which I had still kept going to as my childminding kids love it there. They were with me in minutes of my phone call asking for help. They will never know how grateful I am to them for that.
A situation had to be dealt with and Carol was a star. If it wasn't for Carol I don't think I would be where I am today. Tonight as I am able to sit and write this I am "on Fire".
I gave my life back to the Lord a few months ago but this morning I was really feeling down but the Holy Spirit filled me and I was finally able to cross the Jordan and knelt at the Mercy seat. AND I FEEL GOOD. I HAVE DONE IT.
This afternoon and a few panic attacks and got really nervous about going into the meeting but I did. When I walked in the door I found myself picking up a song book, I sat down and opened the song book to find the words of song 751
Peace, perfect peace, far
beyond all understanding;
Peace, perfect peace, left with
us by Christ, our Lord;
Peace, perfect peace, through
eternities expanding;
Peace, perfect pearce! Peace, perfect peace!
In every part of the meeting tonight I really felt that it was meant for me. The amazing thing is I don't normally attend the evening meeting. He was leading me to that meeting tonight and I am so pleased that I followed him.
I still have a long way to go in dealing with issues ect but I know that I am going to make it.
The Lord has been telling me that there is something he wants me to do and by his Grace I am going to follow.
Hallelujah
ReplyDeleteKeep on believing
God bless
Alan and Carol
Welcome to blogland, Luanne, but more than that, just great to hear your things coming back into line with regards your faith and walk with God.
ReplyDeleteWe pray for you often and always consider you a good and faithful friend.
love Andrew & Tracy