In my quiet time I am busy reading 1 Peter. Everyday I really feel that WOW this is really a message for me. Tonight before doing my reading like always I have asked God to speak to me, to let me know what I must blog about 1 Peter and what I must share. I just find it so amazing how God speaks to me sometimes.
After doing my reading tonight I looked back at yesterdays reading which was Colossians 3:23,24 called like the title says A DIVINE NUDGE and immediately I knew that is what I must share.
"In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people."
I am normally a very organised person. Everything is prepared well in advance, I know where everything is but over the last few months it all came to a holt which really bothered me. I wanted to get things organised and done but I was just not able to get going and do things.
I would pray everyday for help from God and when I actually managed to spend say even 5 minutes doing something it was a major achievement but I still found myself very fustrated by this.
Each day I am achieving more and I thank God for that if I only achieve something small but have done it to the best of my ability and for Him, He is pleased. As well as keeping focused on doing my best for Him I will achieve more and more.
Push and Prod
I wish you'd push me
Sometimes when I'm slow
To do the things I should,
For you must know
Inertia's strongest
When I should move fast
And, all too soon,
The chance to act is past.
I want to work
But I've a lazy streak;
The spirit's willing but
The flesh is weak.
Stir me to action,
Would you be so kind?
And when I need it
Prod me from behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment