Philippians 4:4-9
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
and the commentary along with it was
"The apostle Paul hit it right on the nail when he wrote about us humans often finding ourselves doing what we don't want to do. Deep down, we want to do the right thing, but our humanity pulls us in the wrong direction - like iron filings irresistibly drawn to a powerful magnet. Except evil need not be irreristible. We each decide what thoughts settle in our mind, and God's grace is stronger than our strongest 'natural' urge.
HURTS
I'm glad I can forget
All kinds of things,
Life's hurts and harms,
Its unexpected strings.
I contemplate
My bruises for a while
And then I let them go again
And smile!
But when I nurse
Some special wound or woe,
And stubbornly
Refuse to let it go,
Prise from my fingers
What might fester there.
And cleanse my mem'ry
Of encrusting care.
It may prove rather painful
But I'll be
A cleaner, saner, sounder,
Nobler me!
I'm glad I can forget
All kinds of things,
Life's hurts and harms,
Its unexpected strings.
I contemplate
My bruises for a while
And then I let them go again
And smile!
But when I nurse
Some special wound or woe,
And stubbornly
Refuse to let it go,
Prise from my fingers
What might fester there.
And cleanse my mem'ry
Of encrusting care.
It may prove rather painful
But I'll be
A cleaner, saner, sounder,
Nobler me!
God Bless
Luanne
No comments:
Post a Comment