This morning I attended the first session of Prayer School. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was well worth it. The session was about what kind of prayers were we. There are 4 types, The Sunbather, The Surfer, The ice-cream seller and The Snorkeller. It was very easy to identify which one I am. I think if we all had the same way of praying it would be quite boring.
Prayer is so important in our Christian lifes. Sometimes I find it really hard to pray out aloud but have no difficulty in communicating with God quietly or in a room on my own aloud. I would say that I am a sunbather/surfer.
I love spending time in the quiet talking to God and waiting for Him to talk to me. Sometimes I like to pray with music playing in the background and this time with God can get quite intense, other times it must be totally quiet. The important thing is that we pray and spend the required time we need to with God as well as make sure we make the time and not put it off to another time.
I feel that if we don't take the opportunities that we have to communicate with God and to take the time to listen to Him we will never know what it is He has planned for our lifes. Correct me if I am wrong!!!!
God does answer prayer and like I am learning it is not when I want it to be answered it is when God is ready so in His time. I am having to learn to be patient with God.
I just want to thank God right now for what He has done in my life over the past 10 months. One thing for sure is that I will not turn back.
God Bless
Luanne
No comments:
Post a Comment