Saturday, 28 March 2009

The secret of thy presence

God just never seems to stop amazing me.

I was talking to a friend this morning about how songs just come into ones mind when you are busy doing something. It often makes me wonder why this song of all the songs and where does it come from. Well I know the answer to that really it is Gods way of speaking to me.

This morning when I was trying to motivate myself to get up and start doing what needed doing, I started singing an old chorus I used to sing in Sunday School

God is good to me
God is good to me
He holds my hand
He helps me stand
God is good to me (well something like that)

And I had this sudden burst of energy. God wouldn't want me sitting doing nothing. I spent the morning cleaning toys for the Toddler Group, drinking coffee and chatting to my friend so I had a lovely time.

When I got home this afternoon I was busy cleaning the house (shock horror) and it was really quiet (as the boys where out), the tune of a song came to mind and some of the words. I get a bit annoyed when this happens and you just cannot think of the words so I ran upstairs got my Army Song book out and started paging through the chorus section. Thankfully I found the song in the index to the songs

In the secret of thy presence,
Where the pur in heart may dwell,
And the springs of sacred service
And a power that none can tell.
There my love must bring its offering,
There my heart must yield its praise,
And the Lord will come, revealing
All the secrets of his ways.

In the secret of they presence,
In the hiding of they power,
Let me love thee, let me serve thee,
Every consecrated hour.

More than all my lips may utter,
More than all I do or bring,
Is the depth of my devotion
To my Saviour, Lord and King.
Nothing less will keep me tender;
Nothing less will keep me true;
Nothing less will keep the fragrance
And the bloom on all I do!

Blessed Lord, to see thee truly,
Then to tell as I have seen,
This shall rule my life supremely,
This shall be the sacred gleam.
Sealed again is all the sealing,
Pledged again my willing heart,
First to know thee, then to serve thee,
Then to see thee as though art.

In the secret of they presence,
In the hiding of they power,
Let me love thee, let me serve thee,
Every consecrated hour.

Everything stopped and I spent sometime praying to God. Waiting for him to speak to me. God is so good. I just love him more and more as the day goes on. My desire is that people will see Jesus working in my life so that they will also want to have Him as there Saviour and friend.

God Bless

Luanne

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. My mother in law past away five years ago having suffered with alzheimers but I use to read this song to her and she always (ALWAYS) finished it off for me or said the words before me. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. You have such a wonderful heart.

    Oh give thanks to thr LORD for his steadfast love endures forever. Ps 118: 1

    ReplyDelete